Saturday 16 August 2014

Altered chocolate box

One of my favourite UK scrapping stores - A Trip Down Memory Lane - had a lovely virtual scrap a couple of weeks ago.  It was lovely - lots of pretty classes and some interesting challenges.  I bought a few of the class kits so I would have no excuse not to take part - though as it turned out it was very hot that weekend and my scrappy spot in the loft warms up quite quickly.  Still, we had a week to submit challenges so I did get them (almost) all done.  I have always enjoyed altering but don't do a lot - there are so many un-dustable things I can have cluttering the house!  However, for the challenge, I had a little box which originally contained half a dozen or so Thorntons chocolates.  It had an elastic fastening and was rather like a shadow box with a fold-over cover.  I turned it into this, cutting down the acetate which had covered the chocolates to provide a surface on which to support the bits and pieces I had lying on my desk - a wooden birdcage, some paper flowers, some pearls and a butterfly. I used some scraps of paper to finish it off - I am so pleased about the way it turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment